Named for a local school teach who taught in Poplar Lake and Namao, York is a residential neighbourhood in North-East Edmonton. Almost 80% of the homes were constructed in a building boom in the 1960s-70s. And, with 30% of residences being rented, it might be interesting to know that York was home to Edmonton's first condo complex.Boundaries:
North: 153 Avenue, South: Manning Drive, East: 50 Street, West: 66 Street
North: Casselman, McLeod, South: Belvedere, East: Clareview Business Park, Clareview Campus, West: Kildare
Things to Do:
- You won't find a shortage of community leagues in this area. So, for sports, activities or events going on now, check out the Steele Heights Community League or the Londonderry Community League.
- If you're looking for the great outdoors, York is home to David Ure, Henri Legay, and York parks.
- For physical recreation and family fun, see the nearby Londonderry Fitness & Leisure Centre.
- Major shopping and services can be found at the close Londonderry Mall or Clareview shopping areas.
- Londonderry Arena
- Clareview Arena
- York Elementary School
- Clareview LRT & Transit Centre
- Serviced by Edmonton Transit System
For more information, please see Edmonton’s census document on the York area.