Community Description:

Named from the Swedish word for "clear water", Klarvatten is found in Edmonton's north-east Lake District. Due to its proximity to CFB Edmonton, it offers great accessiblity to the base.

With an average household income that is higher than Edmonton's average, this community boasts an incredible 97% of all residences being owner-occupied. The residences are broken into 87% being single family dwellings, and the remaining 13% split between row housing and duplexes.

Boundaries:

North: future Anthony henday drive, South: 167 Avenue, East: 82 Street, West: 91 Street

Neighbouring Communities:  

North: Anthony Henday Lake District, South: Belle Rive, East: Crystallina Nera, Schonsee, West: Lago Lindo

Things to Do:

  • Check out the Lago Lindo Community League website for sports, activities and events on now in this established neighbourhood.
  • For family fun, see the Klarvatten playground located at 171 Avenue and Klarvatten Rd.
  • Walk around the large stormwater lake in this area to enjoy one of the many bodies of water in the Lake District.

Accessible Arena(s):

  • None.

School(s):

  • None.

Notable Transit:

  • Serviced by Edmonton Transit System

For more information, please see Edmonton’s census document on the Klarvatten area.